Frontend Developer | Slimmer AI Labs
Our long history of applied AI has resulted in 100+ successful AI projects and two successful business units (Science and Sentinels). We're taking this lab-to-impact approach to the next level in our innovation and venture studio, Slimmer Labs.
Slimmer Labs creates, builds, and scales people-powered B2B AI solutions. We achieve this by leveraging both our past and our present: Significant experience in deploying AI solutions, an extensive network of successful entrepreneurs and a talented team of in-house innovators with a passion for product development.
What you’ll do and what we need from you
Our product is moving fast and we’re looking for resourceful people to transform mock-ups and design guides into amazing front-ends that will blow our clients away in many aspects: excellent usability, modern technology, a beautiful interface, and a great reduction in the time they spend on tasks.
As part of a cross-functional, agile team, you will have a leading role in creating the web-based front-ends for our product services from scratch. To do this, you need to be meticulous, with an eye for design and know your way around modern frontend frameworks like React or Vue. You will also need to be able to think along about the design of the API of the backend.
You will be working in close collaboration with our Backend developers, product managers, and clients throughout the development cycle. This ensures we test and validate designs, create a minimal frontend and then build it out further to be awesome, making sure you’re maximising value to our users.
We stay up to date on best practices and make a point out of using modern tech in our solutions, while ensuring maintainability and a high level of usability for our clients.
How can you make a difference?
The team is missing design-centric people which means your area of high impact will be to be that person who translates mock-ups into real application code!
Your skills and expertise:
• You care about user interaction, performance, usability, and of course – making the interface beautiful and accessible.
• You have previous experience working in a frontend developer role (2+ years, preferably on B2B SaaS product)
• You know your way around modern JS frameworks (Experience with React or Vue is a big plus)
• Experience with GraphQL is highly appreciated
• Familiarity with concepts and methods for frontend web development are important: HTML/CSS, JS, Typescript, CSS preprocessors, build tools like yarn or NPM, version control
• Ideally, you have experience with Figma or comparable design tools and are excited about making highly polished front-ends
• Previous experience with responsive frameworks is a nice-to-have (bootstrap, foundation, material-ui, etc)
• Personal initiative and motivation to start and own projects end-to-end are essential
• Capability to deliver production-ready code
• Big plus if I) you have experience working in a startup and/or II) worked on an AI product
We believe AI to be the single most transformative technology of our time.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning create unprecedented new ways to live and do business. With expertise and insights from the real world, we build products which automate processes, detect anomalies or predict outcomes. And we’re growing our team. If you’re as enthusiastic as we are about great code, cool products, and a super talented in-house development team, then don’t hesitate to apply!