Sentinels (Financial Risk & Compliance)
The financial ecosystem has been facing substantial changes. Financial institutions are struggling to meet the requirements of regulators, and current anti-money laundering solutions are falling short of their needs. At the root of financial crime are felonies involving drugs, human trafficking and terrorism.
But there’s hope! Evolving technology, which includes AI and machine learning offer the promise to effectively catch criminals. The Sentinels team is building cutting-edge software products to help financial institutions manage risk, meet pressing regulatory requirements, reduce false positives, maximize customer experience, and fight financial crime.
People & Culture Advisor (HR)
Passionate about HR & innovations, and ready for a challenge? Come and join our People & Culture team! You’ll be part of a team of passionate people, where you will support the growth of Sentinels by ensuring the “internal people conditions for success” are in place and optimized. Sentinels can only be successful if we have an excellent Sentinels Experience Journey (eg. focus on purpose, trust, belonging, being treated fairly & growth), with talented, motivated, supported, engaged, productive employees, able to grow and scale our business. Supporting the team in achieving this goal is the mission of this role.
This role will be based either in our Amsterdam or Groningen office. Approximately 10% of travel is expected (between offices). Full-time or Part-time
In this role, you will be part of further developing and implementing our People & Culture strategy, processes and innovations, to make Sentinels a great employer. Main areas you’ll work on:
- Leading the daily operation of the People & Culture team
- Providing answers to incoming questions in the people’s email inbox, (first-line support).
- Oversees the daily operations regarding employment agreements, employment letters, WAB offers, (sickness) reporting, etc..
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day HR management, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Foster a great Sentinels Experience Journey
- An excellent onboarding experience of new Sentinels, from the first day to the first month.
- Promote Sentinels values, cohesion, and information exchange.
- Creates and ensures that internal people policies are being understood and complied with amongst Sentinels.
- Coordinates Learning & Development initiatives that drive company growth while focusing on company culture, individual development, strengthening our leadership, and organizational learning.
- Supports our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy, plans, and programs.
- An onboarding experience that shows who we are and that learns from every Sentinels Journey.
- Lead People & Culture team goals with introducing and establishing efficient and low-maintenance People processes
- Implement HRIS and have all possible HR tasks run through the system; oversee the accuracy, maintenance, and security of team member data and HRIS
- Monitor and respond to usage of core HR processes (including rollout, communication, reporting and metrics of organizational health, engagement survey, feedback cycle and performance assessment/review)
- Provides guidance and input on org restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Enable short-notice onboarding through preparation and making the process as lean as possible.
- Lead Employee feedback activities - eg. setting up surveys, feedback sessions etc.
Projects - Together with the People & Culture team focus on specific projects and objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Passionate about people development;
- A specialist in people tools (e.g. Bamboo HR, Zoho Sign, Recruitee) and knowing how to utilise the full potential of these tools;
- Eager to innovate, improve, try new things in the field of HR;
- Good written and verbal communication skills to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals (in Dutch and English);
- Attentive of detail;
- Bachelor level of working and thinking;
- 3+ years of prior experience in a relevant HR field (HR administrative experience essential);
- Up to date employment law skills is preferential.
We are a team of innovators, at the forefront of technical knowledge and cutting-edge techniques. From research to prototype, from feature validation to new product launch - innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
We hire quirky talents who dare to take a stand and explore new directions. We empower our team to be self-leading, take initiative and experiment. Because we believe that creative and fulfilled people build the most helpful and inventive products.
- A fun, innovative atmosphere
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the real world
- If you think this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Ready to apply? Then press the apply now button!