Atoomweg 6B - 9743 AK Groningen
We believe AI to be the single most transformative technology of our time. Artificial intelligence and machine learning create unprecedented new ways to live and do business. With expertise and insights from the real world, we build products which automate processes, detect anomalies or predict outcomes. And we’re growing our team!
Senior Backend Engineer | Sentinels
The financial system is facing serious challenges. Banks and payment service providers are struggling to meet the requirements of regulators, and current Know Your Customer & Anti-Money Laundering solutions are falling short of needs. At the root of financial crime are felonies involving drugs, human trafficking and terrorism.
But there’s hope! AI and machine learning offer the promise to effectively catch criminals. The Financial Risk and Compliance team at Slimmer AI is building cutting-edge AI software products to help financial institutions meet pressing regulatory requirements, reduce false positives, maximize their customer experience, and fight financial crime.
We are a team of machine learning engineers, backend engineers and financial crime specialists who are solving the tough problem of anti-money laundering. Our team builds several systems driven by artificial intelligence (AI) that continuously learn about anomalous patterns that are indicators of bad financial activity. To build robust systems that integrate different sources and the machine learning models, we need a senior backend engineer. If you love solving complex problems that involve building systems capable of doing complex analytical operations on big data at low latencies, then this is your gig.
Skills and Experience
• A senior position with 4+ years of experience as software/data engineer, platform engineer or comparable
• Bachelor’s degree level of education in computer science or comparable.
• A solid grasp on the capabilities and limitations of modern web development frameworks (experience with Django is a big pre).
• Experience building inter-service communication (REST API’s, RPC, GraphQL)
• A security-minded approach
• Experience with code refactoring and other good engineering practices such as test-driven development, unit testing and building integration tests
• Experience with Git, Docker, Linux and command line tooling, MySQL, Docker, Continuous Integration / Continuous deployment (CI/CD) & Jira
• Experience building software for the public cloud (Azure / GCP / AWS)
Come join Slimmer AI!
We are a team of innovators, at the forefront of technical knowledge and cutting-edge techniques. From research to prototype, from business validation to new product launch: Innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
We hire quirky talents who dare to take a stand and explore new directions. We empower our team to be self-leading, take initiative and experiment. Because we believe that creative and fulfilled people build the most helpful and inventive products.
We offer: A fun, innovative, entrepreneurial environment; personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy; a chance to see your work make a *real* difference in the *real* world; fun-hangouts with brilliant people, and lots of cake! (These engineers really do love cake…) If you think this sounds ‘gezellig’, we’d love to hear from you!