We believe AI to be the single most transformative technology of our time.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning create unprecedented new ways to live and do business. With expertise and insights from the real world, we build products which automate processes, detect anomalies or predict outcomes. And we’re growing our team!
Senior Systems Engineer | Financial Risk & Compliance
The financial system is facing serious challenges. Banks and payment service providers are struggling to meet the requirements of regulators, and current Know Your Customer & Anti-Money Laundering solutions are falling short of needs. At the root of financial crime are felonies involving drugs, human trafficking and terrorism.
But there’s hope! AI and machine learning offer the promise to effectively catch criminals. The Financial Risk and Compliance (FRC) team at Slimmer AI is building cutting-edge AI software products to help financial institutions meet pressing regulatory requirements, reduce false positives, maximize their customer experience, and fight financial crime.
As FRC Systems Engineer, you’ll be at the bleeding-edge of combining industry insights and AI/ML techniques to transform anti money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) solutions. You will be responsible for co-developing and implementing the vision on our technical product infrastructure/architecture on the public cloud. You will work together with machine learning and software engineers to create a robust, secure and scalable platform for monitoring transaction and customer data. Furthermore, you will work together with clients to make sure their systems and ours integrate well.
• Providing architectural decisions to our developers regarding databases, API’s, user interfaces, and web services that will help transform our product into a service-oriented solution.
• Support automation and autonomy of operations for our development teams by implementing CI/CD and DevOps best practices.
• Be a driving force in implementing industry standard data pipeline tools such as Kafka, Spark or public cloud counterparts.
• Support, mentor and coach team members to the top of their potential.
• Ensure that new team-members can easily get started with the growing platform.
Skills and Experience
• A senior position with 5+ years of experience as DevOps oriented software/data engineer, platform/cloud engineer or comparable.
• Bachelor’s degree level of education in computer science or comparable.
• You feel right at home in cloud-based environments (AWS, GCP, Azure) and have managed significant production workloads on such systems before.
• You have worked with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes (container registry, service discovery, load balancing)
• Experience managing data pipelines at scale and in parallel in cloud production environments (Spark, Kafka, Dask, DataFlow or similar)
• Knowledge of various programming/coding languages (of which Python is a big pre) as well as general experience with web services (back-ends, API’s, frontends) and tools such as Git, Linux and Jira/Stash.
• Knowledge of and experience with databases in various software stacks or projects.
• Experience with code refactoring and other good engineering practices such as designing proof of concepts, test automation, application security
• Huge bonus points for a background in fintech, payments or banking!
Come join Slimmer AI!
We are a team of innovators, at the forefront of technical knowledge and cutting-edge techniques. From research to prototype, from business validation to new product launch: Innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
We hire quirky talents who dare to take a stand and explore new directions. We empower our team to be self-leading, take initiative and experiment. Because we believe that creative and fulfilled people build the most helpful and inventive products.
We offer: A fun, innovative, entrepreneurial environment; personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy; a chance to see your work make a *real* difference in the *real* world; fun-hangouts with brilliant people, and lots of cake! (These engineers really do love cake…) If you think this sounds ‘gezellig’, we’d love to hear from you!